If I'm sharing, I'm happy . . .

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year . . . Happy New Me--and You!

I'm posting a second "Happy New Year" because I'm assuming that you, like me, are past the post-holiday blues (which usually includes going back to work!) and thinking about what lies ahead in these long Canadian winter months. No resolutions for me--instead, I'm making changes and taking steps forward every day. Statistics show that most resolutions are broken by February 17, anyway--so, better to make none and instead move forward on all those projects you've been meaning to get to at some point. That point is NOW!

A case in point (and yes, pun intended!). I have a habit of saving up ends of things--like those stubs of eyeliner or lip pencil just in case I need them one day. Well, now I do need them--I've spent far too much money since well before Christmas and don't need to buy that Lancome pencil to get the gift now. Instead, I'll use those little gifts I've been saving for myself for eons! Look around and see just how many of those "ends and odds" you've been saving--and make them work for you now! I'd love it if we could share our findings, so please feel free to leave comments!

You may have noticed that my gilt jacket now has a person in it. This is me just before Allan and I headed out for New Year's Eve--and I felt and looked marvellous, if I do say so myself! As we head into a new year, think about how you look when you head out to work, school, shopping, meeting friends--wherever and whatever. Be your best, and you will feel your best!

So, I say, Happy New Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment