If I'm sharing, I'm happy . . .

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Own Your Colours!

Happy Evening to Everyone!

Am winding down after a great day at work and wonderful (and homemade) salmon dinner with my husband, Allan. Spring is in the air and on everyone's face today--and, for many of us, in our wardrobes, too. I'm seeing lots of colour after the usual blacks, greys and browns of winter. Now, don't get me wrong--I love my dark neutrals, but I'm also raring to bring some sunshine into my wardrobe. I also know that, once I put on certain colours, I own them--they work for me and always make me look and feel my best!

Today I'm wearing my all-time favourite colour--burnt orange. I feel amazing when I wear this colour--it falls into the "true autumn" palette and harmonizes well with many colour in the "soft" palette, which is the flow between autumn and summer and my primary palette. You'll note that my scarf and jewellery all include hints of the the orange but some deeper golds and burgundies as well. You know how you feel "rich" when you wear certain colours? Those are the colours that YOU truly own, not the ones that own you!

I'd love to hear what YOUR colours are--and, if you aren't sure, feel free to send a picture and I'll be happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment